Thursday, December 01, 2011

No! I AM Going To Sew!

God, I get on my own nerves.  I really, really need some new clothes.  All I ever wear in the fall/winter is stretch pants and fleece hoodies.  That is sooooo not fashionable.  I've decided that, while I am comfy, I should really try a little harder.  I mean, there's only so much one can do to brighten up a fleece hoodie stretch pants combo.  I've been super reluctant to sew because I have such a hard time fitting myself and I don't want to end up with a nice collection of wadders that I will give away.  Two years ago or so (I can't even remember) Mick bought me a MyTwin dressform for Christmas.  I was hesitant to order the foam because I figured that I was going to lose weight and I would need a smaller dress form, but now I realize just how riddy that is.  I need clothes to fit this body that I've had for at least two years.  I just now ordered the foam.  It will be here in a week which means that I might actually have something fabulous to wear this Christmas.  Wish me luck.  Oh, and I plan to document the process of making the form.  I'm kind of excited.  Maybe this is the kick in the butt that I needed.

2 comments:

Pam from South Australia said...

I am so with you on this Melody. Trying to 'flash up' my wardrobe too. Am also getting the foam system to pad out my form (for Christmas) so I eagerly await following your progress.

L said...

You know what? When I decided to eff it and sew for the body I have, I lost twelve pounds. O_o Those skirts I made this summer don't fit any more. I am learning that acceptance (of many things) is liberating. Just do it.