Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Pattern Organization

So, yesterday, I spent several hours organizing patterns. Yikes! It's pretty funny, I hadn't realized that I have every pattern I may have ever wanted. The sad part is, I haven't used a whole lot of them. Most of them are still unused. I fully intend to change that, I want to sew up every single thing. I'm still organizing the space, but with every step, I get closer to what I want, sewing. I'm hoping that by Saturday, I'll be wearing my new jeans to sew with my gal pals and I'll have already started on my cute new coat (yup, I need a coat, the zipper broke on my stupid fleece jacket that I rely on) I'm inspired by the coat sew along that happened last year and the winter wear contest on Pattern Review. So many great coats and I already bought a hat based on a prospective coat. It seems like what I need to do. I'm going to use Simplicity 2508.


What do you think?? Should I go for it?

7 comments:

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Let's not talk about the patterns we have but haven't used. This year I am going to try not to buy any patterns that I don't fully intend to sew.

Lynnelle said...

I think you should. I like, have, and intend to sew (one day) this pattern. I think it's a good choice because it has raglan sleeves and it's my understanding that these are supposed to be more forgiving in fitting a full bust. I'd check out some of the reviews on PR.

Michelle said...

I have an embarrassing number of unsewn HotPatterns. I bought most of them on sale, but even on sale, most of them were $12-$13. One of my sewing goals for this year is to put a sizable dent in the HP pattern stash.

And I'll join you in sewing a coat! In fact, I've already started on one, although it's a raincoat--a more immediate need for the wet winter we're having in SoCal.

Keely said...

I'd love to sew every pattern I have, but I'd have to have a lot more sewing time. Now I'm actually planning a cull because we're moving. Chocolate and best friends are going to help me giggle at my unswerving optimism when buying patterns. :)

Nicole said...

I like he white coat with the buttons... Which view are you planning?

Toy said...

I spent some time last weekend organizing my patterns as well. I think u should try the cost pattern for sure.

Anonymous said...

I sense a sew-along! Melody, Michelle, Nicole....who's going to start it??

Lynn