Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Playing With Fabric Combos

I've been spending a lot of time in the sewing room lately. Yesterday I was playing with fabric combos to see what I liked and what went well together. I came up with a few good combos. I wanted to do more, but I do have a tendency to overwhelm myslef and then I freeze up and can't do anything. I think three cute combos are a good place to start thinking of things.

This one is cotton jersey, metallic linen in pewter, and Cotton toile print
I think this Cynthia Rowley combo would be a good showcase for these fabrics either all three of them or two of the three. I so want to make that outfit but I'm losing weight and I think it may be in my best interest to wait a while.


I love this bright combo, it's just fun. When Lynn and I were snoop shopping we came across a muse dress that was a pink cotton pique, I think it would look better in this Coral cotton pique and the stretch cotton woven is just too fun.

Of course, the navy linen and the navy cotton dots are perfect together. One could put together a sweet summer outfit with this and a simple knit top made from this white cotton jersey.


Oh how I love sewing for summer!!!!!

1 comment:

toy said...

the multi-print cotton in the second photo is beautiful, wow, that is a nice piece of fabric