Monday, June 07, 2010

Last Minute Apricot Jam

Mick has been so sweet to me that I wanted to do something nice for him. He really loves apricot jam and we generally don't buy it because it's not that good at the store. I was at the fruit and vegetable market the other day and just as I was standng in line I saw they had apricots. The lady ahead of me held my place and I picked out a bunch. Well then I got busy but I knew I was going to need to do that. Last night the apricots were at the point where if I'd waited any longer they wouldn't be good for jam. They'd still be good but not for jam. So at 10 o'clock at night I got out my supplies and I made Mickey his much deserved apricot jam. This is the first time I'd ever made it without tasting it (I have changed my diet and no longer let sugar pass my lips) and I worried a bit that it wouldn't turn out good. I mean I haven't done it in a while, but if I may toot my own horn, I did win a prize in the State Fair once for my apricot jam. TOOT!! Lol!

Anyway here's what I came up with, I think it's so pretty. I love those little short fat jars, I need to find more of them.


Mick had some this morning with toast and butter and he was soooo happy! I'm glad I could do that for him since he's been hookin' me up left and right.

4 comments:

Tina said...

You're so sweet! I wonder if I made Jeff some jam would he turn into a sweet husband. I wonder if he even likes apricots..?

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

That was so sweet of you! I'm sure he really appreciated the jam.

Amy said...

Apricot jam! Yum yum. How do you make yours? Is it easy? My husband planted an apricot and several peach trees and I'm looking at maybe making some kind of jam or preserves.

I've also got to learn how to can tomatoes and okra and a bunch of other stuff. Ever pickled watermelon?

toy said...

wow, they look so yummy, just in the bottle. That was such a nice thing to do for him. He is blessed