Sunday, April 11, 2010

Oh,That's Just This Season's Schtick



So I had to go to Firstview to check out the Jil Sander collection and guess what, that whole not finished thing; that's the Jil Sander schtick for spring. In context, it's pretty cool but the real world isn't in that context. How many of us can pull this look off???


Wouldn't people make fun of you for not having finished sewing your dress. Or people would think you're in such bad shape that your dress is made of rags. It's not to say that I don't like it, I just don't know if it "trickles down" to regular folk. I don't know, what do you all think?

Photographs from Firstview.com

1 comment:

Rose said...

I enjoy reading your blog and I thought I would comment. I like the look with the rolled up shorts and a peek-a-boo jacket (I think that it's flirtacious). I also like the peek-a-boo dress below it (it reminds me of a bellydance costume in a good way, naughty without being sleazy... well, it depends on what the back looks like). It's definitely an evening look--it would look great in black. Could/Would I wear it? probably not, but out of the looks you selected, I like those the most. The first two looks like of remind me of paint peeling off of wall (err, not in a good way). But you know, it would be a great way to use up those scrapes of fabric! :) do you think that fashion-forward Burda will interpretation in a future issue?

Rose in SV