Thursday, December 17, 2009

I've Been Sewing

Just stuff that I make all the time or stuff that is no big deal. Once I got to thinking about it I thought I should maybe make a list of what I've made since it doesn't seem to me like I've made anything.

2 Kwik Sew hoodies (it got cold in Michigan)

1 pair of Kwik Sew pants

32 cloth napkins with mitered corners

1 dog sweater

1 Simplicity cardi-wrap

1 Butterick vest

1 maxi dress (which I don't like at all)

1 burda top

Here are the things I've started but haven't yet finished

1 Butterick t-shirt

1 Nicole Mallieu Messenger bag

several pairs of boxer shorts

teaching a young woman how to sew (first project: a coat)

1 men's kwik sew shirt

These are the things I'd planned to make for Christmas (but I doubt it now)

1 pair of men's track pants

1 men's Kwik Sew Jacket

1 men's t-shirt

Here are some items I thought I'd squeeze in and make quick like a bunny

a new swimsuit

2 or 3 pair of pants

an Anna Sui top

a brown wool coat

Now, in reality what I may finish before Christmas is this:

1 pair of hotpatterns pants
1 men's kwik sew jacket

My mom had a saying when I would ask for too much food on my plate "Your eyes are bigger than your stomach", of course as a child I thought she was crazy because clearly my eyes were smaller. I got it later on and now I would have to say that my eyes are bigger than my sewing basket.


Anybody else got "coulda woulda shoulda" style list??

3 comments:

paco peralta said...

HAPPY HOLIDAYS CHRISTMAS AND MY WISHES FOR A NEW YEAR, HAPPY, HEALTHY AND FULL OF ALL THE BEST

MERRY CHRISTMAS Melody

Mary Beth said...

Merry Christmas, Dear Melody! Sewing is just one aspect of being a Being :)

love to you and all your Beings

Sew Passionista said...

I do so know what you are talking about. I always leave it way too late to start my Christmas sewing and I never end up sewing something to wear for Christmas because of this. Do you know what I'm doing this week? I'm making a blingy top for next Christmas! Happy New Year.