Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Oh My, It Has Been Awhile!

I feel bad I haven't updated in so long. I just looked at the date of the last post and you'd have thought I'd fallen off the earth. I haven't, I do seem to be having a hard time finding time to blahG. But nonetheless, I'm back ready to go on about more sewing and adventures.

I loved that ceramics class Lynn and I took; so much so that I'm taking another ceramics class. I'll get a photo of some of the things I completed. The new class is longer and includes all the basic techniques. I'm enjoying making some really, um, interesting looking stuff. I swear, I can't wait to see the finished projects, maybe I'll find some use for these things that really aren't what they're supposed to be.

I finally, finally finished the maxi dress, but I'm not at all happy with it and I (mostly) finished the weird Butterick dress, and again, not happy with that either. I have decided to move on to some garments with which I think I'll have moderate success. I just decided to really look at what I like wearing and just try to make myself happy. Lynn and Elnora are doing the wardrobe contest over on PR. That seems like just what I need right now, an occasion to sew what I'd like to be wearing this fall. I asked Mick to help with the color selection. I feel that's one of his strong areas, he's amazing with color (at least I think he is but I could be a little biased); I made a story board

and I started the muslin on the first piece today. I think I'll try and get all of the muslins out of the way first (someone brought up the topic of strategy on PR, so now I'm thinking that way). By the time I get done, I should have a really good handle on fitting.

I'm taking a tailoring class at the local cc. So far so good, we're starting with a vest. I'm using B5052

I think the second item on the cutting table is going to be this cool Hot Patterns Wong-Sing-Jones Marrakesh Drawstring Pant.

I've chosen a coral gabardine for them, I can't wait.

Mick and Lou and I went hiking this summer. We had a fun but hard four days hiking North Manitou Island (I love this dude's photo's of the place, I think he captures the essence of NMI)




Oooh, maybe I'll call the wardrobe Manitou Island Indian Summer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missed you; glad you're back.

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Such a nice picture of you and the boys!