Thursday, July 30, 2009

Start Somewhere

I am a big fan of encouraging folks to learn to sew. Wouldn't you know I'd find some video instructions online. To those of you who don't sew, give it a try (you know someone you know has a machine in the closet sitting unused). You will amaze yourself and your friends. Besides what's the worst that could happen??

This vid may help.

Lynnelle and I are taking a jewelry making class at Detroit's iconic and historic Pewabic Pottery. We made a bunch of stuff last night Lynn made buttons and I made pendants. I'm hoping they turn out well. I'll post more later. In the meantime, I went to New York last week and got a slew of new knits. I'm getting them photographed now and they should be up on the store site by Monday.

3 comments:

Ivalyn "Tee" Jones-Actie said...

That lady in the vid looks like she doesn't sew much. She will have to make a FBA on a commericial pattern, and she is using the wrong kind of scissors to cut a pattern. LOL

Melody said...

I know, it's a hilarious vid but I figure that sort of "devil-may-care" tactic is good too. I think people get too scared of sewing to sew and that lady sure isn't (although she does get a little bemused).

Michelle said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what treasures you'll be posting! I've put a huge dent in my knit stash over the past month (including a bunch of things I haven't photographed or reviewed yet), so I have a good excuse to go shopping. ;)