Monday, February 23, 2009

Eleven Bulldogs, All Named Steve

The T-mobile commercial just cheeses me off. How on earth could you possibly have 11 bulldogs all named Steve in 38 years. I did the math, it's either not possible or extraordinarily cruel. Ugh, TV, That's just what I get.

Smiley FacesO.K. I've been a bad friend and a bad blogger. I've been incommunicado for quite some time. I have all kinds of excuses, I've been on ritalin, my blood sugar is highish, I've been sleeping a bunch and eating really weirdly. That said, I hate excuses. I'm off Ritalin and feeling normal again and ready to blather on about whatever I find.

MaryBeth of The Stitchery made a whole bunch of cool pants just recently, you really should see her work, she's one talented lady, and she's a super awesome person to boot. Anyway, she not only made all these cool things but she nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger Award. She's so sweet to do such a a thing. I don't know if I deserve it but I'll try to live up to it. Once it's out, you've got to live up to it, right??? Right!! Love to you MaryBeth, MWAH!

On the sewing front, I've made myself a fabu little dress from this great fabric. The funny thing is, I made all these pattern alterations based on what I thought I needed to do and of course, I made horrible alterations and the dress was way, way too big. I wore it out to dinner already and of course, I spilled food on it. I decided to take it apart and re-engineer the whole thing. It's still a little too big and I don't really like the neckline (it's too wide) but I used fold over elastic. OMG!!!! I love FOE, it's the best thing ever (that and hyperbole)!!!!



I think the first version looks a little too matronly, and it's tied so tight due to the fact that it was much too big. On the second version I shortened the waist so that it is much higher as it is supposed to be. I cut off at what I wanted to be the finished length because I'm still too punk rock to hem. I like the dress it's a Butterick pattern, I do not like the neckline on this pattern which is why I lowered it a bit but it was also too wide and I didn't realize that when cutting out. I think I'm going to make this same style again but I intend to use this Vogue pattern, I'll be raising the neckline on that but I think that style may work well, or not, whatever. Currently, I am working on this dress right now from the Lost City of Atantis jersey and I think it's pretty good, I'm going to have to get extra creative with the neckline because if I show that much cleaveage, I'll get arrested. So far, I think it's really pretty. I hoping to finish it to wear to dinner with my girls Friday night. Wish me luck!

On the store front, I got in a whole bunch of new knits. They've been up for a while and we're in the middle of a sale. I want to go back fairly soon and get more knits and cottons. I'm going to have to make nicey with Louie so he'll let me stay with him and of course I'm waiting for the snow to melt. The worst is slogging around Manhattan in a snowstorm.

Anyway, that's what's up with me, what's up with you?

13 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Hey, Melody, love your new hair! :) Good to see you and don't you just hate having to take stuff??? My new years resolution was to get off all meds and I do feel better.

Tickled me: cutting and being too punk rock to hem

Not to mention those poor bulldogs, great post, and thanks for the sweet shoutout.

PS and big thx for all the great fabrics and sales ohhhhhh

poppy said...

he could have had bulldogs when he was a kid named steve. just a thought

Meg said...

I like the second version better, I think it is the neckline and the length. It looks good on you, good job.

Sherril said...

I love the remade dress. It's got some attitude. The neckline looks fine, but you may be a bit uncomfortable with it. Put on a pretty cami and all will be well.

Pamela Erny said...

Hi Melody...fabulous dress!

Please stop by my blog to pick up an award.....

Pam ~Off The Cuff~

Kat said...

I adore that second version! You look fantastic!!

Teddylyn said...

Cute dress! Cute hair!

Nicole said...

Hi Melody, Glad to hear your feeling better! I think the 2nd version is better too, I like what you did to the neckline. I just bought the 2nd Butterick pattern on Saturday (5242) and am looking forward to finding fabric.. maybe I will check out your sale.
--nicole from PR Saturdays

Cennetta said...

The second version is surperb. You look fantastic.

goodworks1 said...

That 'improved' version of the dress is great. You tilted the skirt just perfectly to make it hang straight and flatter you!

mrsv83 said...

Great dress!

angie.a said...

Love the dress Melody! LOL at "too punk rock to hem". That's me! I'm totally stealing that line, haha!!!

Linda said...

I love your do over dress! I love FOE also. Safety Pockets has been my source for this elastic and they have so many colors to select from. I think it was a nice touch to your redo. Love your hair style, you look fabulous you fashionista!