Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New Vogue Patterns and Resolutions

These are my favorites from the new Vogue collection. I was so waiting for these. I even called Vogue to ask when the new patterns were going to be on the website (I know, but please remember what this blog is called). I'm very quite pleased by this offering, I think they're getting better, more interesting.






Now onto resolutions. I love resolutions, I don't necessarily keep them all 100% but I figure whatever progress I've made is better than no progress at all.

With that said, I've decided that I'm going to concentrate on my insides and my outsides. I want to continue with the gym, I did really well last year but then missed the last three months which was just dumb. I want to do some serious detox and more vegetable juices (which is perfectly fine, I happen to like brussels sprouts juice). I totally want to get off all meds if possible. And of course I'd like to lose weight. As far as my other insides are concerned, it's always my goal to be nicer, but not foolish. As I looked back at the previous year, it's been interesting. I've made some new friends, and some old friendships are no more, and because of this I guess I've learned to fear change less. It's not that I don't fear change, I still do but it's not a big scary thing, it's a little annoyance. I also have learned to trust myself more, and that is something that I still need to work on.

The other thing is, I'm sick of looking like a schlub. I am committed to dressing better, doing my hair in cuter styles and wearing makeup (I buy it, but I never wear it, duh!). But I was heartened the other day (and disheartened at the same time) when I was in JoAnn's lamenting my lack of a cute outfit when lo, a woman walked by in her PAJAMAS, no, not some outfit that may have been misconstrued as pajamas but her actual pajamas topped by a down jacket and fuzzy pink crocs. I was too through! I was aware that while I didn't look that bad, I was on a slippery slope off of which I must climb . While crocs and PJ's are not my thing, I must make more fashionable and wearable clothes that are lifestyle appropriate. I may want to make only size 10 cocktail dresses but I need something entirely different and I am fully committing myself to that for this year. You'll know I've progressed if there are actual pictures of me on this blog (I mostly crop myself out).

Now, let's see how this thing plays out.

5 comments:

AllisonC said...

Nice pattern picks, I've been waiting impatiently for the new Vogues too - I LOVE the DKNY white dress. I see people out in their pyjamas a lot here, but they tend to be at least in their 80's which is more acceptable I suppose!

Betty said...

Yay! Someone else who likes resolutions. :)

I am another one of those who buys makeup and doesn't wear it, LOL. Most of my makeup collection looks pristine. I am always in a hurry to get to work or whatever and end up not having time to do it.

Lynnelle said...

I have the same kind of commitment, Mel. So let's support one another. I don't think I'll be making any cocktail dresses, though. Cocktails on the other hand...=)

Carolyn (cmarie12) said...

You can do it you know! I have faith in you that you can make the clothing you want and be the fashionable you that is lurking inside!

Anonymous said...

remember, with change all things are possible...