Thursday, December 04, 2008

Zapped By A Prada Bag

I've started working on these scarves, but I think I'm going to do some design changes. It's a good jumping off point nonetheless. Just this morning I was checking my email and Neiman Marcus sent one with the headline "PRADA GIFTS + Free gift wrap + Free online shipping at any price and in the accompanying photo is this super cute Prada bag. Now I know I can't afford it (I mean come on, I don't even have a car) but I clicked on it anyway and it takes you to the Prada section of the store where lo and behold they're showcasing this Bowling-style bag. I actually gasped. I love it. Prada has brought back lace in a serious way and I've been enjoying all of the wonderful lace creations I've seen like MaryBeth's beautiful dress, Liana's faboo skirt and E's gorgeous galaxy dress. Now I'm nowhere near as talented as these women but I have confidence in my abilities to start a project and possibly finish it. I'd like to make this bag. I have a piece of lace,

It's a small piece, only 3 yards and only about 21 inches wide but it is sumptuous. The wonderful heavily embroidered guipure variety. I bought it the last time I was in NY and I've been thinking about carrying lace of this sort. What do you think, would you buy it, it's like $20 a yard, I am reluctant to carry it, anyway that's a whole different conversation. This piece is perfect for the purse. It's stunningly gorgeous and it's, I think, just big enough to be overlay on a little leather bag. How perfect. I'm so excited because I've seen some really cute versions of the bowler bag on PR and Hot Patterns has a bowling bag pattern and I think I may already have it. I'll have to check. I don't know if I can get this done before any Christmas occasions that I may need to go to but I'll have it for future events. Black lace and leather, it never goes out of style.

1 comment:

Sherril said...

That lace is TDF. $20 isn't too much for that kind of lace. While it doesn't fit my lifestyle, I'm sure your customers would love it. I can't wait to see the purse.