Friday, October 10, 2008

A Lovely Award

Wowie, wow wow! I have been awarded Premio al esfuerzo personal blog award and the Brilliant Weblog Premio Award 2008 by Amy of Shirts and Skirts Galore, and a Whole Lot More. She's totally right, I have trouble finding time to sew (I am almost finished with my new pants)

As with any award, there are rules and these are as follows:

1. Select 6 bloggers to whom you would like to give this award- prize
2. Put the award - prize on your blog and indicate who gave it to you by identifying her/his blog;
3. Paste these rules on your blog;
4. Write 6 of your most important values and 6 negative points you condemn,
5. Inform the 6 recipients by leaving a comment on their blog.

The six bloggers to whom I would like to give this award are:

Stef at Distracted Muse
She's a master weaver and has just recently begun experimenting with beadmaking. She's always so informative and plus, she's brilliant.

Julia of Julia's Sewing Blog. She makes great garments and her posts are so informative.

Cidell of Miss Celie's Pants. She always makes the coolest garments. I am amazed by her ability to get stuff done.

Michelle of Happily Caffeinated. This woman has only been sewing for like a year and a half and I tell you what, she's absolutely prolific, she and I are similarly shaped and I tend to make the same things she makes and vice versa. Oh, and she made her own bra, How cool is that?

Cindy-Lou of No More Than Two. She just makes cool stuff and she's terribly funny.

Allison C of AllisonC Sewing Gallery. Lots of sewing going on there, she makes beautiful garments as well.

All of these women inspire and inform me. I appreciate the work that they put into not only their creations but also into the act of sharing with the world. Thank you all.

Now for my 6 important values

1. Personal responsibility

2. Integrity

3. Charity

4. Justice

5. An open mind

6. Creativity

Six things that I condemn

1. Narcissism

2. Greed or Covetousness

3. Disrespect

4. Self Pity

5. Lack of self awareness

6. An unwillingness to learn

There, now you know me a bit better.

2 comments:

JuliaR said...

Wow, thanks very much! I am a bit slow blogging these days and now it is the Canadian Thanksgiving long weekend and I may be even slower!
But I appreciate the award and will get to the details of it later. First, I have to put the bread in the oven!

Cindy Lou said...

Hi Melody! I fell out of the blogosphere for a very long time, working on my website instead (www.stitchuonline.com). I've now realized that blogging is
1. Cheaper;
2. More fun:
3. More public;
4. More accessible
than having a website-- so the site is scaling down (to just be an info site for sewing lessons) and the blog is scaling up.

Love your site-- you go, girl!
XOXO
CIndy Lou