Sunday, June 22, 2008

Mojo's Back!

What brought it back you ask???  Michelle Obama and her flashy ways (I just love her).  I loved her dress on The View and she looked so, so fabulous.  I thought, "oooh, I need that dress" and since I haven't been up on cinder blocks but working on a bodice sloper slavishly, it is a wonderful opportunity to do some drafting.  It's a simple dress and Paula of Sew Confused did an awesome job on the contrast bands on her DGD's dress and that in itself is inspiring.  I happen to have some black and white poplin with a bit of spandex on hand at Fashionista Fabrics.  Lynn and I have playing with the idea of drafting our own pattern based on our bodice slopers, it seems like the universe is pointing me in the direction of that dress and who am I to argue with the universe. Besides, I have one cute cotton summer dress and it's old and falling apart, I need something new.

4 comments:

Keely said...

Woohoo, your mojo came back! Looking forward to seeing your version of "the dress".

Carol said...

I love that dress and I've been eyeing off that fabric for myself. Now I think I know what I'm going to do with it!
Carol

Em said...

Hey, I just found your blog... I saw a news report about that dress Michelle Obama wore on the View - it was really cute! Apparently it's available to the general public in retail shops. I don't remember what store had it, but I'm sure you could do a search if you want to take a look at the real thing! Good luck!

artist1lisa said...

YaaaaY! I'm glad you got your"mojo" back. I been missin you.