Friday, May 16, 2008

Pattern Sale, But I'm Not Biting

Yesterday, today and tomorrow, JoAnn's has Mccall's and Butterick patterns on sale for 1.99 and I won't be stopping by.  Mick's probably going to check to see if I have a fever or something, but I'm perfectly fine.  I simply don't like the new patterns enough to rush out and buy them when I have new patterns at home that I haven't yet had the chance to sew.  Tomorrow, we're having another sewing get together and I don't have anything planned.  I'm going to go look through those million patterns that I already own and find something to make.  I've still not made the cosmopolitan dress, there are so many possibilities really.  Regardless, because of the whole sewing day scheduled, I know I will come up with something.  I don't want to squander the time sewing with buds.  It's really quite nice having a group to sew with because I'm not allowed to flounder and my mojo doesn't get that far from me.  I know I need summer clothes and this is the perfect opportunity to get them going (that and the fact that I donated a  bunch of last years clothes).  Well, I guess we'll all see what I come up with, huh?  Maybe I should go "snoop shopping" to kinda help myself out.

2 comments:

Keely said...

Well, given that I'm about 6 months away from getting these patterns downunder that bodes well for my wallet, lol. Although I do like that Project Runway jacket that Debbie Cook has made but I think that's Simplicity. Enjoy your sewing day!

Kat said...

Thanks for posting this! I haven't been checking out the sales but will be near a Joann's tomorrow. There are a few McCall's and Buttericks that I really like.