Friday, May 02, 2008

Blogoversary?? New Butterick

I think it's my blogoversary! WOOHOO! Anyway, new Butterick patterns were just recently posted and surprisingly enough, I have a few favorites.

Here they are:

I really like this dress, it's a very simple classic shape but with some interesting details. The sleeves are pleated and the band is a good opportunity for contrasting or complementary fabrics. I can see wearing this for more than one season.



I like this dress, not because I think its going to be something that will be enduring (I mean I have a picture of myself in a 70's house dress that looks suspiciously like this dress) but because it is a very current look and shape in dresses lately. I can see this in a lovely pique or linen, I don't know that I would do contrasting bands with this one as for me, it brings back the house dress vibe. I do love those little buttons at the shoulder. Very cute.



The pants are cute enough, I don't know, I probably already have something like this so I won't purchase this one but I can see wearing these this summer. It's like 1978 all over again.



I've been resisting this style of jacket since the SewStylish version came out last summer. I thought it might not be the best shape for my shape. This one has that nice back interest on view C. I can see wearing that jacket with the pants in the previous photo with a cute tee and wedgie sandals, I'll be good to go.

At the moment, I've put the coat muslin away, it's too hot and that means summer will be here in 15 minutes and I won't have anything to wear. I've cut out two Jalie 2005 tee's and I'm going to cut out Simplicity 3887 (see review on sidebar) with added length and a nice lining for my anniversary dinner dress, I'm hoping for the best, I'm using this really gorgeous fabric. I'm hoping to have it completed over the weekend.

4 comments:

Debbie Cook said...

Happy Blogoversary!! I think those dresses would look great on you!

Shannon said...

Happy Blog Anniversary!!

Carolyn (cmarie12) said...

Happy Blog Anniversary! I am soooo digging that last pattern - the jacket! Now to wait for a sale so I can scoop up a copy - not like I haven't scooped copies of all the other new jacket patterns too...and haven't made one yet! *LOL*

Berry said...

Happy blogiversary!!! I just love the dresses pattern you picked!