Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Back From NYC

Well, Mick and I went to NYC to buy fabric and to have our anniversary dinner.  We arrived and hit the garment district first thing and I loaded up on cute summer fabrics.  They all just arrived today and the UPS guy just left them outside, I'm so mad.  I had to schlepp them all inside by myself, well not quite, my friend helped me with the last package but dang those were heavy, like 70 or 80 pounds a piece.  Anyway, we had a very productive trip; two days scouring the district for fabulous fabrics and of course I had to stop at the bead store, and I'm sharing some of my loot with my cousin Sharon, who makes beautiful jewelry in her spare time.  I'm excited about the fabric and I can't wait to get it photographed and up.  I happened upon a lovely piece of silk charmeuse that Mood bought most of (but not all) so that was a bit of a coup and I got a cotton faille and a printed voile and some pastel cotton lawns with stretch (that's a new thing I think) and some really cool jerseys.  I would photograph them right now but I needed to take a little sit down from schlepping them inside.  I'll probably get the lions share of it photographed and up this evening with a little help from my reluctant business partner. WOOHOO!!!!!

5 comments:

Els said...

Welcome back home. I am looking forward to see the new fabrics you bought in NY. Hope you had a great time and a super anniversary dinner.

Mary Beth said...

Yay, you're home! Can't wait to see the "haul", poor baby! I'm finally sewing again so I'm readyyyy

Michelle said...

I can't wait to see your new fabrics! I've gotten a bunch of bridal orders recently in my Etsy shop...so I've got money to burn in my PayPal account. ;)

BTW--I'm working on a jacket with your Italian linen right now, and I am so in love with the fabric!

Kat said...

I can't wait to see the new fabrics!!!

Michelle said...

Ok, I loved so many of your new fabrics that you brought back from NY--I had a hard time deciding what I wanted!

BTW--I love the new feature that you've added to the web site that tells you how many yards are available for each fabric--it helped make my decisions easier. ;)