Sunday, April 13, 2008

An Amazing Week

So I listen to "The Secret" on CD on a regular basis.  I try to stay positive and ask the universe for what I want and know that it's coming to me.  As you well know, I'd been feeling lonely and wanted sewing friends so I asked the universe for sewing friends and it's as if the heavens parted and rained down wonderful people.  The week started with the sewing day with Lynnelle and ES and it just kept getting good.  I had a busy week at the store which was awesome, because I got to clean up the area really well and organize.  I talked to people on the phone and via email.  Then I heard from the very fabulous MaryBeth of The Stitchery.  She was going to be in town this week. As fortune would have it, she was going to end up having to drive right by my house.  I told her she had to stop by and lo, on Friday Mick and I got to spend the afternoon with MaryBeth and her HusPartner.  What a great time we had.  It was so wonderful meeting them and spending time with them.  The day was full of laughter and hugs, even our dogs got along.  You can't ask for more than that.  But of course, that wasn't all.  MaryBeth had a gift for me, a lovely tea set that I swear, if I had been shopping with her I can't imagine anything catching my eye more than that.  I just can't say enough good things about them.  I can't wait to see them again.  

Saturday, Lynnelle came over and we spent the afternoon sewing on our muslins (hers wearable, mine not so much) and even though we didn't get very far we made tons of progress. At least we got to the point where we could see where the problems were plus we had tons of fun and it's really great having not only someone to talk to that you have sewing in common, but so many other things.  Then later I posted photos of my quandry on PR and all these fabulous people posted solutions and I even got a very detailed email (thanks again Els) showing me how to solve it.  Jeez, I just love you guys!!! MWAH!

3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Hey, Melody, you're the best! I can't believe you have such gorgeous fabrics right in the same house with you! How do you survive??? Now I've got to go over to PR to see what's up over there....

Els said...

You're welcome Melody. Good luck.
The silk tweed has arrived and it is Gorgeous.

Carolyn (cmarie12) said...

I'm so glad that you were able to have a great visit with MaryBeth! I am sure that more sewing friends are on their way...just wait and see! You are too lovely a woman not to be shared with others!