Friday, February 22, 2008

My New Jacket

So I was at the Costco the other day and this lady came up to me and told me she liked my jacket and asked me where I got it so I suppose it doesn't suck.  I was reluctant to be photographed in it only because my hair was a mess and I didn't want to be on the world wide web looking like a haint.  I have an odd relationship with my hair it only looks really good about 5 times a year when someone else does it, other than that I can hardly bear to run a comb through it, so much so that the other day, I was whining to Mickey that I didn't want to comb my hair and he said, "Well, you gotta do something, you can't go around looking like Melody hears a Who!"  So, of course, when your husband tells you you look like a Dr Seuss character, it's time to really step up the game on the grooming.  Anyway, I got my hair done today and I consented to be photographed in my new coat/jacket.  I still think the hem is uneven and I think I'm going to put a hidden snap at the top but I've totally decided against buttons.  I don't need any other action going on up there.  I love the way it feels, it's sooo soft and very warm (flannel underlining), I can actually stand Michigan in this coat.  Here it is Simplicity 3562



I used this fabric and this fabric for the lining.

10 comments:

Keely said...

The jacket looks lovely and snuggly warm. Is that snow behind you?! And the hair looks great. Definitely not Melody hears a Who.

Shannon said...

I love the fabric in that jacket (as well as the jacket itself!) - I may have to make another order soon!! Your hair looks fab - you look so fresh and cute.

Anonymous said...

You and your coat are both looking very nice. I can imagine someone out NOT wearing a padded/quilted jacket of sorts would look odd, and strangely well-dressed, drawing attention to you both.

Today I donned my Land's End down coat and felt like a darn sausage.

Long ago I made an agreement with myself that I would wear everything I sewed. I used to stuff it into nimmerwiedersehen land but now I am more careful to prepare my patterns so that my projects are at least wearable or requires fast walking.

kasizzle said...

Your jacket looks lovely and so does your hair!

Linda said...

I like the jacket and I don't think you need the buttons. Love the fabric choices.

Your hair looks great!!!

Kat said...

What a fab jacket! Now you're making me regret not picking this one up last weekend :) . And your hair? It looks great in the pic! I'm sure if my DH saw your hair he'd say, "Get your hair cut like that!" Mine is such a moppy mess and he hates it. Thursday it gets chopped.

Stef said...

Oooo!!! Pretty coat - it looks fabulous! Now I want one...

Audrey said...

The hair and the coat look gorgeous! My granny (from NC) used to tell me haint stories when I was little. I wish I had written them down before she passed.

artist1lisa said...

LOL* Who hasn't had their haint days? I've had plenty. It look like you pushed that far behind.You look absolutely fabulous!!

Meggy said...

Your hair looks great and so does your jacket. You have made a great choice with the fabric too. Well done