Monday, February 18, 2008

Mojo, One Little Bit At A Time

I think I may have finished my coat today.  I wore it to the post office and to UPS.  It feels lovely, it's soft and hairy on the outside and smooth and warm on the inside and the pockets are lined in velvet.  Shouldn't all pockets be lined in velvet.  Trouble is, I'm not sure that I like it.  I haven't put the buttons or buttonholes on, I'm not sure I want buttons, I think it may draw too much unneeded attention to my bust area and with the tie belt,  I think it may look cluttered.  The other thing that bothers me is the hem, it seems forever uneven, I've been fiddling with it since before christmas and it still is wonky.  I just decided that, whatever, I needed to wear this coat.  So I'll let this one stew a bit till I work out some details or just don't care and then I'll photograph it.  Right now I'm working on a perfected (I hope) version of my Jalie Tee Shirt.  I just took a break to write this post.  Now I'm off.  

Oh yeah, Lucy hates garments with sleeves.  So much so, I haven't even tried garments with legs yet.  

2 comments:

artist1lisa said...

I bet your coat is gorgeous.Where's the pictures? Don't keep us in suspense.

Stef said...

Yes!! We need to see pictures of your coat. I'm sure it's fabulous!