Monday, February 11, 2008

Garments, But Not For Me

I'm still in a bit of a funk but the comments you guys made make me feel better. THANK YOU.  I am going to finish my coat. But at the moment, I've got a bit of an issue. You see this morning, we took Lucy to PetSmart to get a bath and her nails clipped. Mickey dropped her off and signed for a shampoo and nail clipping. When we went to pick her up...


This is what she looked like.

It's her summer haircut. Mind you, it's about 15 degrees farenheit right now so WTF? Poor little doggie. They were really sorry, they still had the notes from her summer haircut on the worksheet, so naturally the guy thought that's what we wanted. He's probably used to people doing weird stuff to their pets anyway. He did do a really lovely job and he's so nice to her, cause she can be a little skittish, so I appreciate that he's so kind. He kept apologizing but hey, what are they gonna do now, glue it back on? Whatever. I couldn't help but laugh, it was a funny little event for the day, and it's way better than that day she rolled in poo.  Anyway, now I think Lucy's going to need something to go on her long walks otherwise she may be too cold. I just ordered this Kwik Sew pattern from Pattern Review

That's my next little project.  My poor, ridiculous dog!

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh no! Poor Lucy! But you sure had a good attitude about the whole thing, because you're right...they couldn't exactly put her hair back on her. Lucky Lucy that you will be able to sew her some fashionable yet warm coats to wear until the weather warms up.

Sewbehind said...

Poor Lucy. Make that coat up quick! She will shiver with the cold.
Helen

Julie said...

Poor puppy dog! Lucy looks cute though. Can't wait to see the cute coats.

julia said...

Poor puppy dog. Unlike a child, though, she'll forgive you, no therapy needed! I've recently. finished some M4686's - they go together really quickly. Hey! Maybe I'll go post a picture and review! Have fun!

causticmuse said...

OMG, poor Lucy! It's one thing to get the summer 'do in SUMMER, but sheesh, it's still winter in most parts of the country. I think you ought to jazz up her outfits with some sport racing stripes!