Monday, December 10, 2007

Sniff, Sniff, CRY!

I know those of you who sew will get this. I was awakened at 1:23am by my dog Lucy crying. I looked to see what the deal was and she went to the bathroom. I heard water running and I turned the light on and the faucet was on full blast, the sink full, water running onto the floor. It was soaked. I immediately ran down to the sewing room and lo and behold, the ceiling was raining onto my sewing table. Not the cutting table which is on the other side of the room. Luckily, I'd moved my almost completed coat to the cutting table last night so it was spared. Here's what was on the table. A few good patterns, including the Sewing Workshop Soho Coat, a lovely iron (which may be fine) countless little works in progress on the ancillary table, a few new simplicity patterns and of course my serger, my backup sewing machine and my sewing machine. The serger and backup machine were dry and fine, but (GASP!!) my main machine, my baby was soaking wet. I couldn't even comprehend the whole thing. I got up and went back down to look at it three times after 1:23am. I was too upset to cry. I didn't turn it on cause that's the worst thing I could do. I packed it up and took it to the shop and explained to Sandy (who was super sweet and understanding about it) and he was pretty confident it'd be alright but still. He said it was good I hadn't turned it on. I'm so freaking bummed out.

Now I think my brother accidentally left the sink on in the middle of the night, he wasn't drinking, just in an unfamiliar house. We've got those stupid German Hans Grohe faucets which work opposite of what evey other faucet does so he thought he'd turned it off and the toilet was running so he didn't realize the water was still going. I'm not mad at anybody, but I'm mad at everybody, including Hans Grohe. I won't feel better until I know my baby's better. I love that sewing machine. It's my favorite tool period!


This is the back of my machine with water dripping off of it.


This is what the table looked like soaking wet.

9 comments:

Debbie Cook said...

Oh no! And here I was feeling sorry for myself about my dog nibbling at some pattern tracings. :-( I hope your machine is OK and that the repairs aren't too bad or expensive.

Nancy (nanflan) said...

Oh no, how awful!!! I hope the machine can be fixed and that homeowners insurance will kick in for repairs.

Rose said...

Oh, No! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I'm sooo sorry this happened.....

LauraLo said...

Oh I'm so sorry for you! I would kill anybody that hurt my sewing machine. I hope everything turns out to be just fine. And you're lucky to have such a dog! Imagine if she didn't wake you up....

Anonymous said...

What a bummer! Lucy should be awarded a medal for SMARTNESS, and that Peerage taken from Conrad Black and given to Lucy, a much more deserving being. I hope your machine can be salvaged, if not, start looking for a nice old commercial Bernina 850 industrie or even a 950. I like the 850 very much though.

Give Dame Lucy a hug from me.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and the Hans Grohe faucets only work the opposite way round in the USA! LOL....here they are perfect!

Sending you some good cheers.

Isabelle said...

Oh no... That IS tough. Maybe your insurance company can cover this? I hope so. I can completely imagine how you're feeling.
Your dog is so smart though. Three cheers for Lucy!

Cathy said...

And the Lasse award goes to Lucy! How devastating, though. I hope home and machine require minimal repairs.

stacysews said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry! I'm crossing my fingers that your machine will have little damage and can be quickly repaired.