Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Oh For Cryin' Out Loud!

I think I'm catching a cold. I'm going to will this out of me. I love Christmas and I've got loads of sugar and cookie cutters (hello, Gingerbread men) and candy recipes and I want to enjoy this big giant festive time. My BIL is coming over and my brother and Rico (and hopefully, Julie) and I want to cook and sew and decorate. UGH! I feel like crap, I mean craptastik.

In better news, my sewing machine is working fine. Sandy said it didn't get as wet as I'd thought and all the lint in it (oops) absorbed most of the water so I had a bunch of wet goo in it. He's got it all cleaned out and dried and it's working fine. I go pick it up today and since I didn't finish the coat on the little machine, I've decided I'll finish it as a Christmas present to myself. Oh and Sheryl finished her basement before I finished my coat. I told you I'm the worlds slowest sew-er. I can't wait to get my baby back. The table is all cleaned off and ready for her arrival. I really missed that machine and I'm so happy that it isn't ruined.

I told Mick he's going to have to decide the Christmas menu, I really want and am looking forward to a honey baked ham. I've decided in the new year to do a massive liver and gallbladder flush and go back to the vegan diet for at least a year. I really feel that it'll help me to get over some chronic problems I've been having. So since I'm cutting everything out in a couple of weeks (I will be what Theresa refers to as a "dirt eater"), I really want to go out with a meaty, cheesy, sugary bang. Bring on the ham, bring on the Brie, bring on the Champagne and Rum and cookies and candy.

3 comments:

kasizzle said...

I can't wait to eat on Christmas eve! I'm looking forward to a honey baked ham more than presents!

Rose said...

Yay! I'm glad that your machine is okay! Oh, Happy Days!

Isabelle said...

Great news about the machine! I hope you feel better for Christmas.