Monday, December 31, 2007

2008, It's Gonna Be Great!!

That's what Dos, the oracle of Oliver Street says. I feel it too so I'm gearing up for all the fabulousness that's coming my way this year.

My only resolution is to quit smoking, again. I can't believe I started smoking. It kinda snuck up on me, a puff here, a puff there turned into going to the store to buy a pack of cigarettes. Ugh, so stupid. I have asthma anyway, I certainly don't need to put more pressure on my poor tired little lungs.

I think 2007 was a great year, even though some sad things happened, mostly it was wonderful and full of fun and adventure. Mick and I have been having a wonderful time together and I think this is one of the best years we've had together. I got to see Louie a lot and I started Fashionista Fabrics (a little later than I had intended but still). I got some good sewing done. I reconnected with a bunch of friends and most importantly, my own brother (who is here, right now). I made my new cutting table and re-tooled the office and made those roman shades from that fabric that I had picked out for them like 5 years ago. The house is pretty darned tidy and I feel better than I have in a while. I've started meditating on a regular basis and I'm staying positive. In short, I love my life. I wish everyone the same kind of peace and happiness, however you find it and even more for the coming year.

P.S. Fashionista Fabrics is having a HUGE sale right now! Go Check it out!

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

Happy New Year!!!

julia said...

Melody - your positivity is absolutely contagious! Happy New Year!

Shannon said...

Here's hoping for fabulous 2008!!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Melody!
I wish you much happiness and energy to achieve your goals.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Mel!
It was great chatting with you the other day. Sorry I missed our Project Runway night this evening...had to work late.
"Ricky cryin'...........drink!"
xoxo
duffy