Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Pies and Collars

Today I plan on finishing my collar. I couldn't do it on the way to Whole Foods last night as it was dark and I couldn't see. Just as well. I'll work on it today after Mick leaves for work. I doing that and I will make some cranberry relish. brine the turkey, bake a sweet potato pie and a pumpkin pie and possibly make some cornbread. Then I just have to cook the turkey, dressing and vegetables tomorrow. Mind you, I'm only cooking for three people. We're going to have leftovers for days. My brother requested Thanksgiving with us and he hasn't had Thanksgiving with anyone probably for years and I like getting to know him again, even if he is drunk. I think he's getting to a point where he wants to stop drinking (he brought up rehab the other day) and I want to be supportive in whatever way I can. It's nice having a bit of family.

2 comments:

toya said...

I hope you have a great thanksgiving

Rose said...

I am sending you Thanksgiving wishes.