Monday, October 08, 2007

Simplicity 3887



I really love this top. I think it's so cute and super comfy. I can defintely see more of these in my future. I made it from this fabric which is a cotton eyelet. I had intended to underline it with an off white batiste but I decided against it and decided tp wear flesh toned undies with it instead. I think my bra is too visible now that I see the picture but this was taken at night with a flash so, I know it's really more illuminated. Anyhow, now I think what I'll do is dye my cotton cami to match my skin, or just wear the black cami under. Either way. I told Mick that I think I might have some exhibitionist tendencies as my most covered up top is SEE-THROUGH. I told Sheryl and she said "No question, you're totally an exhibitionist" So I'll prove her right and post this photo. Anyway. I had a fun time sewing it. I made a couple of changes. I did an fba in the front and the back



I wish the sleeves were longer, I think they're too short at the moment but I'm not changing them. I'll just know better next time. I have a good idea that the next one will be silk charmeuse. I accidentally sewed the bottom band on wrong side to wrong side, which left the seam allowance on the outside. Since it's embroidered cotton and I serged the whole thing. I just decided to sew the seam allowance down and if you look closely, it looks like I did it on purpose instead of screwed up. It's what I like to refer to as a design opportunity.

4 comments:

Carolyn (cmarie12) said...

I really love your new top! You definitely should make more!!!

toya said...

your top came out great!!!

Audrey said...

That top looks great on you! I love seeing fabric fron your web site made up into garments.

Meggy said...

I think the top looks great, the sleeves do not look to short in this pic, so never mind. I like the fabric choice and your bold decision to go without a lining, You go girl!!! lol