Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A Snail's Pace







These are the adjustments I've made to the bodice for the Butterick dress pattern. As you can see, it's kind of an interesting shaped bodice.I really want to get going on this, but I'm suffering from some kind of vacation block. I want to wear the dress this weekend but I'm too excited about this weekend (my birthday in Saugatuck) to actually sit still and sew. I am going to have nothing to do tomorrow except that so I'll put myself in the zone and finish this dress. Plus I'm looking ahead to the next dress and the Chanel Jacket Sew Along over on Pattern Review. Once again, my sewing appetite is bigger than my stomach (wait.. what?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see production work Melody. Anymore pictures of the new table?

Just want to give a tip to remember to increase the sleeve/armscye a bit when you do your FBA as the bust size and armscye are in proportion with each other.

Now, I can't wait to see the results.

Meggy said...

Isn't it frustrating that some projects we sail through and others are drawn out and procrastinated on. I have that terrible habit of wanting to move onto the next thing before the current one is finnished. Stick to the zone LOL :)