Sunday, July 22, 2007

Um, No


I was just over at Nordstrom.com and I was snoop shopping, as is my want, and I happened upon these two cute tops. Given that Nordstrom is having a sale right now, I actually clicked on them to check them out. Ok. now who recognizes this as that Simplicity Khaliah Ali pattern


While it's not exactly the same thing, it would take a modicum of tweaking to get the same general effect. It's a nice cute top made from a rayon spandex jersey. The thing that just kills me is that it's $198, yes people I said it ONE HUNDRED NINETY EIGHT DOLLARS! Oh yeah, and it has no hems!!!!!!!!!



And this really cute top that seems to be all the rage right now. Again, it's $208, yeah, I know, crazy as shit. That top would take a few hours to make at home including cut out time. Oh the horror. Hence the title of this post. If you're reading this blog and you don't already know how, learn to sew, NOW! Take back fashion from the gentry. We can look just as good as everyone, probably better.

That said I need to go finish my K. Ali top I started and put down before finishing (Mickey came home and I decided to go talk to him instead, big mistake)

Well, I'll finish it after I read the Harry Potter book.

3 comments:

stacy said...

Ahhh, I just finished Harry Potter and can now resume sewing & crafting! LOL.

I can't believe the prices on clothing sometimes, I'm happy I sew too!

Anonymous said...

That is it! I am going to get the Khaliah Ali pattern, have been putting it off for too long.

Melody, check out KS 3538 and KS 3537
some combination could be done there, I think. I knew that I'd seen that pouffy sleeve somewhere.

Now I am off to order my pattern.
Thanks for the shove.
Heather

KimT said...

Wow! Thats crazy. I am definately planning to learn to sew this fall.