Monday, April 02, 2007

Is No One Sewing?

Least of all me. Well that's not entirely true. There are people posting new fabulous garments everyday at pattern review and artisans square. I've been looking around at the blogs and it seems to have gotten rather quiet. What's the haps everybody??? Why no sew? While I, at the moment, am far too bloated to sew or even contemplate taking measuring tape to form, I challenge you, the unbloated sewer, to show me what you got. I go trolling around the internet at all hours of the day and night looking for my fix of more hand sewn fabulous garments, so if you've got 'em point the way. I know that some of us went to various sewing expos during the course of the year and bought enough cool stuff to make a newbie sewer bop themselves in the head with the takeup lever. I fully intend to challenge myself with my sewing this year (and really, if I say it enough it will be true) but I want to see what's going on with the bamboo fabric I've heard people are now getting into. What about surface embellishment and draping experiements. Alright, I know I'm projecting a bit and I promise to finish my dress and make some good junk as soon as my back works again and I'm a little less moody. But in the meantime, please, let me live vicariously through you, prolific sewers!

1 comment:

artist1lisa said...

Hi Melody.I've been sewing all day to make up for the time I've spent not sewing.I've truly missed it.
You have inspired me to challenge myself.How many finished sewing projects can I complete in the next two weeks? More on this at my blog.Did you finish the dress?