Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Alanis Morissette - My Humps



Julie and I wondered out loud yesterday after watching this wonderful parody by Alanis; "When did it become cool to be SKANKY?" Yes I said "skanky" Obviously you can't help but think of the original song when you watch this and it's, umm... well skanky. I appreciate that at least Alanis gets just how ridiculous a song with the lyric "my lovely lady lump" really is. How did this become popular? What the hell is "they buy me lots of icy"? UGH! I appreciate that it's just another pop culture tick but, damn. I find it amazing that we live in a society where gay people can't get married and FERGIE is a role model -- so what's the rule? As long as everyone is straight, you can do whatever you want, however SKANKY. Paris, Fergie, LiLo, Britney et al. Maybe we can gain control of ourselves, make skankiness illegal.

O.K. I'm off my soapbox for now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alanis is a has been who tried to have the sexy image when she turned from her deep image, and failed.

For heaven's sake, My Humps was a fun goofy song, and guess what it was a huge hit because guys do do that and so do women.

Alanis wants attention, she is pathetic.

Melody said...

Whatever

cidell said...

I loooove this song and video. It makes it so clear what a dud that song was. While it was fun to listen to, there's nothing to it. I love Alanis' version.

Mary Beth said...

Melody, I totally agree with you, totally! I don't care who doing the writing/singing, I want SKANK illegal!