Friday, March 23, 2007

First, the Good News...

I got an email from Hotpatterns and they've come out with a new line of patterns. They've teamed up with Mccall for the new line. It's supposed to have all of the good of Hotpatterns ( the fashion forward design) and all of the good of Mccall (quality control,experienced technical writers, pattern grading and testing). They are, I think, geared to new sewers in that they're very easy to sew. Here's the collection. The best part is that you can buy them at Hancock fabrics, so in my case, I got the email on Wednesday morning, I checked patternreview.com to see what the scuttlebutt was, I called Hancock fabrics and by Wednesday night I had completely cut out the muslin for the butterfly top. That threw me off working on my Butterick Faux wrap dress. I still have to adjust for sloping shoulders and tissue test fit before I make my wearable muslin. I am happy to report though, that I finished the wearable muslin on the butterfly top. I think they're true to measurement size. I am a range of different sizes, but I cut out a size 22. In the areas where I'm a 22 (bust) it fits but in the areas where I'm a 14 (hips) it's 4" too large. My back is smaller than my front and that's how it shook out in the pattern. I think they might have gotten it right. Here are the three that I purchased at my local Hancock store, I'll probably get the rest soon enough.



2 comments:

MéLisa said...

That is great to hear! Those are the 3 that I want to get too, but I haven’t decided if I want to drive the 45 min to Hancocks or just order them. So when do you think that you will have your finished top post? Huh, huh? Today? Come on girl you don’t need to sleep or anything right? ;) LOL! But seriously I am looking forward to seeing your finished top. I hope that it is as lovely as the pattern picture.

Sharon said...

Oh I can't wait to see the butterfly top! That top, along with the dress, are the two that I want to try also.