Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Food, Glorious Food!

I've just recently found all these food blogs. Imagine that Food Blogs!!!! Right now I'm baking this beer bread. I think it'll be a hit. We're having it with garlic soup, yum!! (edited to add: the bread was bitter, maybe my beer was too hoppsy, maybe I'll make my own beer,I've always wanted a hops vine)

I've already made the Hearty Lentil Soup and these to die for Cheese and Scallion Scones.

Reading the blogs, I realize what a foodie I am. I thought everyone grew their own organic heirloom tomatoes and made their own pasta sauce from the harvest. Doesn't everyone have parsley growing next to the kitchen door and thyme growing under the barbeque? How does one celebrate Thanksgiving without the proper organic sage bush to season the stuffing? You mean everyone hasn't at least attempted to grown their own blue potatoes? Well why not, they're blue for godssake! And of course everyone has made chips with those same potatoes and seasoned with one of the four or five varieties of salt in the pantry. Lets not even speak of the million jars of jam of different flavors that clutter the shelves. I also found Group recipes. If you sign-up you get an opportunity to win a $6000 kitchen makeover. Click here to enter.

It's so hard being a foodie and a fashionista, one directly effects the other. But I'd rather have a refrigerator full of food than one filled with drugs and diet shakes. At least I know how to alter a pattern and find a decent foundation garment, Dang!

No comments: