Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Somethings Missing

While I love this whole blogging phenomenon, I feel that we as sewer chicks lose something when we all venture off into our own little world. Sure you get to completely control the conversation and who doesn't love that but where's the dialogue. I mean, I go on about one thing or another and maybe a couple of people say, "I agree with you" or not but there's no spirited debate with the whole "you're totally off your ass wrong and here's why". Apparently that's why people left pattern review in droves because of a few people who don't have manners and now, it's rather, dare I say it...boring. I'm still hoping against hope that it'll liven back up but holy jeez, I'm ready to take a nap.

3 comments:

cmarie12 said...

Melody ~ I agree with you up to a point...on the sewing boards, you can only say so much but on people's blogs...I can really see what they are making and hear the totality of their thought processes. Blogging isn't for everyone but the one's who do it successfully really enhance my sewing knowledge.

Melody said...

You're right of course, but I think that so many people have chosen to leave in favor of blogging (which do I like), that the community has somewhat diminished.

Belle said...

I don't know if you will see this comment because it's on an old post, but I so agree with you! I always enjoyed PR because of the give and take and the interaction and now it's either boring, as you said, or just individual postings for somebody's "rants" about their life! (These are the people that should be blogging, seeing as how all that personal info is a bit much on a sewing message board, I think.)

I like to read blogs, but I still like the message board concept better. Now I have to flit back and forth from blog to blog, hoping someone updates as well as hoping they post about something I'm interested in. Plus most bloggers don't respond to the commenters and it just feels like a one-way street most of the time!
Sigh. Can't have it all, eh?

I must say I do enjoy your blog because you write very "real"!