Saturday, December 09, 2006

Pre-Xmas Sewing (or not)

December 6th was Mickey's name day. His name is really Miklos, the Hungarian version of Nicholas and the 6th is St. Nicholas Day. While here in the US, we don't make a big deal of this or really even know what it is, in Hungary, it's bigger than the birthday. He always gets a couple of presents and I make him some fabulous meal, I made Chicken Paprikash and cupcakes for dessert. This time for his present I decided that since he loves Arc'teryx outdoor gear, I'd try to copy this shirt for him. If only I had an embroidery machine to put his personal logo on the pocket. I also gave him a DVD of Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli, which he's digging heavily.



I'm using this Kwik Sew pattern 2881 and adding a front zipper and lengthening the sleeves.



I got a great deal on some Malden Mills Power Stretch from Wazoodle. I asked him before I ordered it if he wanted anything but he was all non commital (that's his way, we dated for seven years before we got married). Since I know him, I ordered it anyway and he's so excited about it. I've got it all adjusted and cut out, I just have to go down to the sewing room and make it. I'm almost done with my purse, but it got on my nerves so I had to put it aside. I'll hopefully finish up this afternoon and then move on to Mickey's sweater. I'm trying to think of it as a giant dog sweater and get it done as quickly as I get actual dog sweaters done. As a bonus, here's Mickey and Lucy with her new sweater.



I still haven't figured out what to wear with my new shoes, I got some beautiful french wool houndstooth from EmmaOneSock a month ago. I can't decide what it wants to be. I'm thinking some kind of sassy skirt (since I love skirts) but since Mickey was sweet enough to buy me those sexy, sexy shoes; I think I should put his project first. I'm off to sew (hopefully)

No comments: