Saturday, August 06, 2005

Stupid Banana Candy

I can have root beer and banana candy but it’s no good substitute for a cup of strong coffee and a chocolate bar. Which probably explains my attitude:

Some things I think I’m just not suited for. I’m not so sure I can handle working for anyone else anymore. I’m at a point in my life where it just gets on my nerves to have someone tell me what to do. I’m not, not a fan of the micromanager. I want to be trained and then left the crap alone. Let me do what I’m paid to do. I’m not an idiot so I don’t need my hand held all day. On the other hand, I know that my employers need me right now. Some of the people who work there have had some major life changes and I’m happy to help out by simply working there or even working some extra days, but there’s no way around the fact that it is, in fact, a job (heavy sigh). It doesn’t help that I’m stressing out about every single thing. All day I’m either worried about teaching my first sewing class, or my ever-expanding bustline, or are those PMS cramps or pregnancy. Then when I have a break from that, I worry about my dad, "did he eat, when’s his next doctor’s appointment?" then I worry about money "we need a new computer, we need another car we need to move". Then I move onto worrying about my career or lack thereof and of course all my friends that I need to call because I haven’t had time to talk to them for a year or something. O.K. so I’m anxious, who wouldn’t be, I can’t drink either.

I’m going to go back to Whole Foods this morning because Mick’s working near there and I’m dropping him off today. I’m gonna get a Carol’s Cookie and some fizzy water and enjoy my shopping trip to the Mega JoAnn’s near there. Las t week I went there and I really didn’t get too much stuff but I went to show the cashier my ASG discount card and she nearly ripped it to pieces. I guess she wanted to make sure I didn’t take advantage of the store by trying to use the card as it is intended. People kill me who work for these multi-million dollar companies and act like it’s their money. Whatever.

Anyway, I got some really cute home dec fabric to make a bag for Sheryl. It’s not a surprise so Sheryl if you read this, come get your damn bag!!!! (it’s reversible). I also got fabric to make my sample skirt for my class. I’m using McCall’s pattern 3341 and I got a nice black embroidered rayon/linen blend to use. I’m not as excited about that skirt as I am about the one I’d intended to use for my class, it looks like the secondhand rose skirt at Anthropologie.com. I was going to use Burda pattern 8406 and Amy Butler Charm fabric in mint and tobacco with a velvet bias band at the bottom. I’m still making it but not for a week or so, it’s just delicious, I think. I think I'll calm down soon as well, here's hoping.

1 comment:

mattdenton9013 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.